We went to the Portland Zoo recently and had a very interesting experience with one of the lions in the new lion exhibit. For some reason the animals were bothered by Emy that day, I have shots of the mandarills pouncing at the glass while Emy was playing peek-a-boo with them, for another post. here is how it all began, simple enough:

Here is a video of the event, sorry you will have to crane your head to see it.
6 comments:
Oh my, that is so weird. Or scary. Not sure which. My favorite part of the video is this:
"that is so cute"
"is it really? Because it's head is the size of her mouth!"
It almost looks like the lion is trying to play like lion cubs play with each other. Not sure but that kind of how it looks.
Wow,I would have been frightened too!
Um, yeah. Cool experience, but not really?! I'm glad it didn't terrify her though, although, on the off chance she ever meets a lion, maybe it should have?! Thank the Lord for crazy thick glass.
I agree with the person that said it looks like the lion cubs playig or a momma lion carrying their baby?
Um, that just looks way not good. :) It was good to hear from you over on my blog. I try and keep up with your girls on facebook and your blog,and enjoy all the pics, but it has been way too long since we've seen ya'all. The kiddos are just growin outta their britches. Sometimes I wish mine were either 2 girls or 2 boys, as it seems with one of each they have all the bases covered and then some when it comes to thinkin up mischief. If one doesn't think of it the other one will! :D
I went to check on them the other day and, shock of all shocks found them playing happily together. When I came closer to see what they were playing, thinking how sweet it was, I was promptly commanded by my daughter,"Excuse me please, go back over there. We're playing here." I slowly backed away and said "Oh, well EXCUSE ME. Okay then, I'll just stay waay over here." She calmly dismissed me with an,"OK." and continued playing as though I did not exist.
Ahh! I feel so loved sometimes! :D
Post a Comment