Growing up I remember sitting on the floor with one of my mom's friends from high school while she taught my sisters and I how to make paper boxes out of nice pictures pulled out of a calendar. And while apparently my sisters had forgotten this craft I somehow have kept it fresh in my mind. With money being elusive these days I have taken to making gifts every chance I get. However, around here we like to do things a little late. So here is a craft that you can do next year. Really this is a very versatile project. The boxes come in handy for all kinds of gifts. And who doesn't love candy any time of the year.
First you want to gather your supplies for one box you will need :
2 pieces of square paper I used 12x12 you can use two pieces decorated or one decorated and one plain since the bottom doesn't really show, which is what I did.
A bit of decoration perhaps ribbon, paper hearts, fabric flowers, stamps, stickers, etc.
A pair of scissors
And something sticky (tape, glue dots or glue) is optional but a nice finishing touch.

First thing you do is fold your paper in half

Then open it.

Turn it and fold it in half again

Open it again and using the creases find the center.
And fold your corners to the center.

Fold your sides to the middle, open them, turn the paper and fold the other sides to the middle.
This should create a square in the center.

Open it up again and on two opposing sides cut along this crease to the next crease being careful not to cut too far or your box will fall apart.
You should have four cuts on your box.

Pull out the triangles on the cut sides like this

Add a touch of something sticky to the tips if you would like.

Pull your cut corners together creating sides of your box and looking like a gate on this side

pull up the triangle piece and fold it over the "gate" press the tip into the center. Turn your box and do the same on the other side.

Done.

Do it again with the second page and fill with candy. . .

and some more. . .
Decorate the top, close up your box and be done.

Well almost done, you will have to make one for every member of the family plus a few friends.

(Clockwise: Dave's, mine, Emy's and Elly's)
I hope I didn't confuse you too much and hopefully the pictures will help my poor directions. Have fun and enjoy.
2 comments:
Those are SO cute. What a great idea! My girls would love this project--I would never think of this on my own. :-)
What a fun little craft! The possibilities are endless! :) All of yours turned out so cute! We'll have to try these out. The stuff inside looks way good too. Glad you posted it. :)
Post a Comment