A few weeks ago on our semi-weekly trip to Costco our family spotted something that we simply could not live without. An adorable wooden, not plastic, playhouse (Kidkrafts Woodland Cottage). Emy fell in love the minute she rang it's real deal doorbell and washed her hands in the simple sink. I fell in love with the flower pots under the windows, the bay window on the South side and did I mention it's wood? I'm not a big fan of plastic play structures. Oh they look great at first but give it a year or even just a few months. I am curious to see how this roof will hold up to the ruthless rays of sun this spot receives in the summer.
We had a little trouble getting her to leave it at the store. As we walked away she asked if we could talk to someone to see if we could borrow it.
So, as is our family tradition, we got a jar and started saving. Momma did some sewing and Daddy did some selling of unused items. Emy found change around the house and then God pitched in and sent us a check or two for the rest.
Of course Emy insisted on helping Daddy build it. So she read the prints while Daddy built.
This is to be the girls new homestead, don't worry the chairs will just move down by the fire pit or perhaps back up on the porch I haven't decided.
And I realize there is a serious lack of Elly pictures in this post. I was holding her during all of the pictures so while she may not be in these shots in body her creative eye went into almost every one (except the ones taken while she napped).
And so that's what she did.
2 comments:
Oh, that looks so fun! You are all going to love that playhouse! So cute!
really cute guys, I know if Ted saw this, he would have to have it...not sure if for him or for Em, but either way.... :)
-Crystal
Post a Comment