Friday, March 16, 2012

The Bedroom Lately

I wanted to show you what has been going on with our bedroom lately. .  .It may not look like much but it's exciting to me.
After

Before
After searching nearly every store in the area I finally found reasonably priced Euro pillows. And then I had to do the same thing all over again to find shams for them that didn't cost $50. The prices on bedding is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I also laid down a bleach stained rug on my side of the bed I ignore the stain and enjoy not stepping on the cold floor. So I know eventually I will want to get a non-stained rug in approximately the same color.
We are waiting to hang up any art work until after we decide on a paint color and paint.

Pillows: Target $9ish each on Sale
Shams: Bed Bath and Beyond $7.49 each (clearance for $9.99 and I had a $5 off coupon)


We have been looking at a few different paint colors. I think we are leaning toward the yellow. . . actually the lighter yellow that fell behind the bed in this picture. Before we decide I am planning on picking up a few sample cans (the itty-bitty ones) to test it out.


Oh, there is the lighter yellow. Also I purchased these lamps at T.J. Maxx. They were $20 eaches. And I love them. To me they feel beachy and I love beachy, it feels so relaxing. We are currently experimenting with different wattage in our lightbulbs. I want something bright enough that I can read but dim enough that my Beloved can sleep.


I especially LOVE them when they are turned on.


It has also been pointed out to me that my nightstand is awkwardly far from the bed. . . I never noticed this but have since remedied this issue. 

Okay, so what happened this morning was, I was rushing the children out the door this morning when I looked into my room and saw the glorious sunshine pouring in the window. I stopped hurrying the kids and grabbed my camera, and a dust cloth, and after a bit of dusting, I snapped these pictures for you. I'm glad I did too because the sun was gone moments later and who knows when the next sunny day will be.

~And So That's What She Did.

1 comment:

NaomiG said...

Wait, you're supposed to dust?!?! Haha.

I LOVE your pillows and I really really really LOVE your lamps! It looks good! Coming together... :-)