I love sunny weather. It keeps my house clean. I send the kids out first thing in the morning, call them in for breakfast, send them out till lunch and then clean the house while they nap. After nap time, back outside folks. I love it. Unfortunately we will probably have rain the rest of the week. But while it lasted I took a few pictures of the girls playing today.
We let the chickens out of their new outdoor pen. Let me tell you I was so glad to get them out of the house. It's a bad sign when people come in the house, sniff and say ooh are you cooking fish? nope just raising chickens.
These two are the more adventurous ones in the group.
Once they determined the coast was clear they all came out to see what they could find. These little guys have grown so much that I think I should re-introduce them.
This is Ethel, the ornery one, a Black Sex Link. She is by far the leader and a very photogenic ham. Every where I pointed the camera she sped over and posed in front of the other chicken.
Here's Chrysanthemum, our Silver Laced Wyandotte. She's bashful but speedy.
Olga, my beauty, she's a California White.
And lastly, Hazelbell Featherdy, our Light Brahma.
Poser.
The girls love the sand box. I often find Beloise laying down in the sand.
Oh no, I've been spotted, prepare for a ham-moment. . .
Ta-Da! She's worse then Ethel.
They have been pulling out their fluff to make way for their feathers.
I was trying to get a shot of Hazelbell when Ethel darted over and when I looked at the picture this is what I saw.
Our old girls are still going strong. Laying usually an egg a day each.
Speaking of hams, I wanted to show you what we are doing to the playhouse area but Penny decided to come stretch in front of me.
We have moved the playhouse down on the slope for a bit so that we can remove the bark dust. My Beloved is planning to make a floor for the house to keep it up off the ground. He also reinforced the pathway with a plastic border thingy, since the sand and rocks kept sliding out of place hopefully this keeps it in place a little better. We haven't decided on a new ground cover for around the playhouse, probably grass but I would like to put some flower beds beneath the windows.
We also would like to put in a picket fence along the rock wall with a mailbox on the last post. But I doubt it will happen this summer.
Beloise, back in the sand box.
While I was taking these pictures Ballerina noticed what I was doing and ran over to the sand box mumbling some excuse about oh yeah that's what I was going to do.
The girls love to play restaurant. The Menu?
Eggs and Toast
Chicken and Rice
Chicken Sauce Soup
Cheeseburger
Water
Milk
They also do specialty orders if you ask but be prepared to pay for it.
I said pay not pray.
~And So That's What She Did
5 comments:
Your yard is beautiful!! I am impressed. After landscaping our whole yard in Wenatchee mostly by myself (that's how I remember it anyway) just in time to move, and dealing with russian thistle (aka tumbleweed) CONSTANTLY, I am REFUSING to do any yardwork in this rental, and possibly ever again. I'm not mowing, I'm not weeding, NOTHING. My foot is down, ha.
Your chickens look great! I would love chickens. But, since I'd be the one butchering them or dealing with them somehow if we had to relocate again, I've decided to set that little plan aside for a while.
And, finally, your kiddos are so cute! Isn't it great when they can entertain each other for hours like that?! So nice.
Love it, wish we lived closer...the chickens are kinda cool :)
-crystal
I think you should put that stepable mint moss as ground cover around the play house. it would smell nice and be soft on the kids feet.
Debbie
Your backyard is looking great!
You have a gorgeous yard!its just perfect for your kiddos!
Post a Comment