On Monday I had set up with my Grandma J. to watch Ballerina for the day so that I could put all of my attention to the first day of potty training for Beloise. Then Sunday Beloise had a bit of a fever and a few other things flew in and I thought perhaps we should wait a week. But since Ballerina was already aware of the plans for her to spend a glorious day with her two of her favorite aunties not to mention Grandma J. I decided to go ahead and just have a mommy-daughter-day with Beloise and let Ballerina have her fun.
We started the day by stopping at Winco and filling a bag full of Jelly Beans. I wish I had taken a picture of Beloise carrying this bag through the grocery store up to the checkout with Grandmas and Grandpas oooing and awwing at her, chuckling to themselves about what a happy girl she was. It was priceless.
Later in the day we walked to the park. Beloise slid down the slide several times and then we swung on the swing together. Another moment for the memory book. I don't know that there is anything better then snuggling with my girls. And swinging with her clinging to me was delightful.
Last weekend my Beloved made a few improvements on the playhouse area. We had been talking about a picket fence for some time. While driving home one day we saw that a neighbor had a stack of fence sections for sale. We took advantage of this opportunity to do less work ourselves and purchased the sections from them. Once the fence was up it still needed something. . . my Beloved pulled the old mailbox that was once by our front door out of the garage and screwed it into the last fence post.
While Ballerina was at Grandma's I had Beloise make a card for her sister to put in the mailbox. Ballerina hadn't even seen the mailbox yet so she was delighted with it all the more when it had a letter inside just for her. She was so excited she ran into the house to make one for her sister.
They had gone through six or seven pages before I realized they were only making a quick scribble and hurrying out to stuff it into the mailbox.
I really need to get out and do some weeding in this area but I still think that it is coming along nicely. Beloved also put in a floor for the house, complete with linoleum. It's nice to have the house level and out of the dirt.
I planted a couple of blueberries in the planter to the South of the house but they don't look like they will make it. We are hoping to be able to do some fence staining this summer so we figured on doing this section at that time. Or perhaps it will get a coat of white.
~And So That's What She Did.
1 comment:
Aw. Love this. The sweet day with your little one, and the awesome play area for them!
Post a Comment