Sunday, August 19, 2012

The Birthday Party That Wasn't

Over a month ago. . .

Poor Ballerina came into our bedroom the night before her birthday. She was hot, cold, sweaty and itchy, so we had to postpone her party.

But it was still her birthday soooo. . . .



Since she slept the morning in our bed I hung the balloons from our doorway instead of theirs. It wouldn't have been fair for Beloise to have balloons to walk through on Ballerina's birthday.


I made her a rainbow pancake


We spent the day outside by the pool


Had starfish PB&J sandwiches, goldfish and grapes for lunch.


She opened a few presents.




Grandpa V. was in town for just a few days so he braved the illness and came over to celebrate.




And by request we had German Pancakes, baked in a muffin tin, with strawberries and whipped cream.



My Grandpa and I.


And nothing like more pool time to help cure you.


I don't know that this was helpful, but she wanted Daddy to "frame her face."


And the sun went down on the birthday party that wasn't.

~And So That's What She Did.

2 comments:

Debbie Gibson said...

I really wanted to see grandpa :o(

kdk said...

very sweet!