Let's take another look at the before.
Before:
Icky, messy, and I would rather buy something new than try to find something in this mess.
After:
My original plan was to purchase the medium sized version of the top tall bins and not bother with the bottom. Then I found the smaller bins and thought that I didn't need tall sides so I would just fill my freezer with the short bins. When I got to the store I found the taller bins that have the same footprint as the short bins. So I changed my plan and decided to go with the tall bins on top and the short bins on the bottom. In the change-up I forgot how many bins fit on the bottom shelf and bought one less than I needed. Now I have one space that will probably become a mess again until I make the trip back to the Container Store to get another bin. Perhaps I will reconfigure my categories and it won't matter. We'll see as things evolve but I am so glad to have the bones needed to organize this normally messy place
Freezer Inventory:
I decided, at least for now, that I am just going to keep my freezer inventory on my grocery list clipboard until I decide if this layout and these categories are going to work for us. It is also printed on scrap paper. :o) Once I decide that this is going to work I might mount it inside the medicine cabinet just right of the fridge. Handy and out of sight.
So to recap:
Ooooh so much better.
As with most of my organizing and decorating projects, things are left a little undone. Apparently I like that sort of thing, gives me something to look forward to. Either that or I am a little lazy. Mostly both.
Now for those naughty spices.
~And So That's What She Did.




1 comment:
Newly organized spaces are soo refreshing!!! :D
Post a Comment