Saturday, March 6, 2010

Animals and Eye Glass Cases (nursing shawl and hats too.)



So here are a few of the crafts that I have been entertaining myself with lately.
For Christmas I made a few Colorful Ribbon Glasses Cases that turned out to be a big hit with the glasses wearing ladies in my family.
This colorful one I made for my Aunt.


This one was for my Grandma

And this little gem I made for my sister-in-law, Nay.


My sister purchased a great little book for me, Easy Crochet Critters, with the request that I make her son an alligator, lion and hippo. While I have only made him the alligator, I have been having a blast making other animals for my own daughter and my other nephew and niece (I promise your pink camo lion is coming).

Here is my strange elephant, E's alligator and, my favorite, the hippo.


And here is my lovely daughter modeling a nursing shawl that I made for either myself or someone like me depending on if we have a boy or a girl.

Here are a few "hunter" hats that I made, they are so fast, easy and I think, adorable. The one on the left isn't actually finished, I still need to tie in the ends and put the ties on it.

And another little hat just waiting for the appropriately colored ribbon. Although I think this is more of a girl hat.


All links are free patterns (except for the book) so please try them out.


1 comment:

NaomiG said...

Cute! I cannot crochet or knit to save my life... it's completely beyond me. So I deeply admire those who can. :-)