I apologize in advance for the blurry pictures I am not a huge fan of our camera at times.
Friday was a nice hot day and this is how my girls spent it. . .
You would never guess that this man's brain is really scheming at this very moment. . .
So here's the story.
A long time ago . . .
While the fire was burning low the Scout Master said Johnny tell us a story and this is the story he told. . .
No, that's not it that's a bad joke from my childhood. . . Speaking of my childhood. (this is the real story)
I wrote a book when I was in the 9th grade about. . . me (surprise a teenager thinking about herself). This book was unearthed recently and passed around my family.One of the chapters (yes I said chapters) was about my 13th birthday.
I thought about copying that chapter here but it is a little long and silly so here it is in a nutshell:
My birthday came.
Nothing happened.
I thought aaah perhaps they are planning a surprise party I will wait and act surprised.
Nothing happened.
I cried.
I still turned 13.
As this book was being passed around, the people who love me decided to fix this scar on my otherwise delightful childhood(can you say guilty conscience) and throw me a redo surprise 13th birthday party. . . in June. The date happened to be my half birthday and I am 26 13 years older than the first time I turned 13. Pretty nifty huh?!
I got nail polish and lip gloss! Perfect for 13.
As a side note: please the next time someone takes a picture of me, let me know so I can avoid having facial expressions like this.
A little board game action.
This picture isn't blurry they just move that fast ;)
I didn't know he had a peg leg?!
Yep Grandpa's still got the moves. . .
What a perfect way to turn 13 .. . again.
~And So That's What She Did.
4 comments:
Love this celebration and your inventive family! Congrats, sounds like a perfect surprise!! Half birthday would be wonderful, I have a GD whose BD is on Christmas so they have had a half birthday for her!
Helen K
Fun post!
In the party horn photo, dave looks like he has a crazy mohawk of some sort lol!
That is SO awesome. I love it! What a wonderful surprise!
I tried and tried to open this box and couldn't. Then when I closed my web browser, there were 8 boxes opened!! They were just behind so I couldn't see them. I enjoyed the thoughtfulness of your family. How kind and what fun!
Post a Comment