Monday was the anniversary of the day that my Beloved and I started dating 10 years ago.
I was the new girl in town and my parents told me "Anyone but him."
We dated five years before we
got married,
had birthdays,
and a few interesting meals along the way,
we've gone on camping trips,
owned dog,
after dog,
after dog,
after dog,
met Pete Rose in Vegas,
(I think my exact words after meeting him were "Who was that?" I am such a huge sports fan!)
bought a house,
moved in,
had a baby,
had another baby,
became a family,
and three years after our first child,
finally enjoyed a weekend of peace and quiet,
just the two of us,
at our favorite spot, Lake Quinault.
Thursday my Beloved came home and told me to please pack a bag for two nights for us and another for the girls. Drop the girls off at Grandma's house and be ready to get out of town by noon Friday.
My pleas to know the location of our vacation fell on deaf ears, he refused to even answer me.
I figured it out just before we turned down the road to the resort.
I love it when he surprises me.
~And So That's What She Did.




7 comments:
This was precious, Jen. :o)
Kathy H.
Your memoir is very beautiful and precious. Beautiful pictures of you and your beloved and the girls....and all the pets.
Hope you had a wonderful Anniversary. :)
Cousin Kimberly
That was beautiful, Jeny. Thank you for sharing!
-Katrina
Wow I love it Jeny! I love you guy too. My brother couldn't of marry a better girl and I mean that! Love Nay!
...oh by the way does Matt taste like chicken! LOL
Aw. What a great post! Happy Anniversary of togetherness. :-) (we celebrate that one too.)
Aww, congratulations! What a fun post!
Post a Comment