Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"The Memory of the Righteous is a Blessing."


I have been avoiding blogging. Almost like the plague. I want to blog, but the energy just isn't there. I know that if I get started, see I've done that, then I will get back into it, things will start flowing.
I think that part of the reason that I have stopped is because I have a hard time skipping over life events with my blog and at the same time I don't want to blog about Suzanne going home to be with the Lord. The truth is that I am heartbroken by the hole that is left in our assembly. I'm also jealous of the fact that she is with the Lord and I wish he would just take all of us home, not just the best of us. Add to that the fact that I don't feel that I have anything of any worth to say, nothing that will help, nothing more than regurgitated cliches. 
I have noticed that when dealing with things eternal the only thing that is of any comfort is the word of God. So here are a few verses that I have enjoyed during this time.

"The memory of the righteous is a blessing." Proverbs 10:7

"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you." Isaiah 60:1

"Concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with Him." 
1 Thess. 4:13-14

"The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry. . .The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:15 and 18
(ESV)

Thankful for the knowledge of where she is, with the Lord and in no more pain, sad that we have to continue without her smile, gratefulness, and example of a wonderful mom and help-meet.

(My apologies for the therapeutic rambling. I'll send you a check for the session.)

~And So That's What She Did.

2 comments:

kdk said...

No apologies necessary! We need those verses over & over again to comfort us. Thanks for posting.

NaomiG said...

I've found that the only way for me to be happy in blogging, not to mention true to life and honest, is to blog the hard stuff as well as the fun stuff.

My heart aches for their family, and for the assembly. That's a great collection of verses though-so true that only HE can comfort at a time like this. Even so, quickly come Lord Jesus!