"The time has come my friend to talk of other things, of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and kings. . . "
A few weeks ago our dryer decided to stop drying. . .
on the first laundry day of the week. . .
on the first load of laundry.
Thankfully by fabulous sister-in-law happened to have an extra dryer laying around so we were able to catch up pretty quickly but in order to get the borrowed dryer into the laundry room my Beloved had to take the door off the hinges. So of course the girls assumed he was making a slide for them.
The hole in the laundry room door is a mildly amusing story. It was that way when we moved in. . . see how mild that was.
Really it has come in handy and we have thought about framing it out to look more like the dog door we use it as. We once had a Yorkshire terrier and she used it quit frequently since her food was in the laundry room. More recently Penny has been enlarging it for her own use.
My Beloved's parents and his sister, Aunt Nay, made the trek from Idaho for Suzanne's memorial. It was nice to have them here. Great to be able to focus on other things and know that my kids were in grand hands. Here's Grampy with Ham-Huck.
After the memorial we were all exhausted with aching feet. So we treated ourselves to a foot soak, apparently Beloise missed the memo about it only being for your feet.
Why not eat strawberries while bathing in the mop bucket?
On Monday they headed back to Idaho. Ballerina HAS to watch people leaving our house to see which way they go. I snuck into her dark bedroom to find her peering out of the window. Please disregard the giant pile of clothes by the window I had just gone through the girls drawers and haven't found a place for these hand-me-downs just yet. Also I believe that string is the string from my camera, that's been bothering me for a while. I couldn't figure out what it was . . . funny how I start to analyze pictures once I post them on here. ;)
Later that day it was nice out so we spent as much time out of doors as possible.
Beloise loves when her sister "reads" to her. I love to hear the story change every time.
Apparently we aren't feeding Dora enough.
Here are the baby chicks. . . not so baby anymore. They are nearly all feathers now.
Ballerina has been begging us to roast marshmallows so we finally gave in and blazed up the fire pit for the first time this year.
Yeah she just ate the marshmallow she was supposed to be getting for me! |
And in case you missed my mug, here's one for you. . .
FIRE!! See what happens when I try to pose for you!
Marshmallow face
This is rapidly becoming me new favorite photo of Beloise.
This is a regular occurrence at our house.
Like I said. . .
This crazy dog has her head on my foot. . . she's so sweet. . . we love her.
Except when she rolls in pungent things and then wants to snuggle.
Then we love her from afar.
~And So That's What She Did.
3 comments:
I love Alice in Wonderland!!
my favorite part is "and all of them were fat!"
That pic of Beloise is a keeper, for sure.
I like the idea of a backyard fire--and we have a spot for one. Perhaps after we feel better we should make one, that looks fun!
Post a Comment