Thursday, July 19, 2012

In-Dependence Day



This year we hosted the second annual 4th of July party at our place. This is something that I had longed to do for a few years and I was so glad to be able to do it again this year. We invite EVERYONE and then leave it up to the Lord as to how full our tiny house will get :). I may or may not have a mini panic attack mere hours before people show up. But when all is said and done we are so glad to have a great location for watching fireworks and so blessed to be able to share it with everyone.


Besides it gives us a great excuse to get our yard into pristine (or as close as possible) order. I don't do Spring cleaning I do Summer cleaning.


The girls had slept in our bed but just as I was sneaking off to get the camera to take a picture of them all snuggled up I heard a distraught child cry, "Momma, I'm sorry, Momma!" It was then that I knew I would also be washing sheets that day. Thankfully I got the girls all cleaned up and re-snuggled into Ballerina's bed where they fell back to sleep for a few more hours.


A very patriotic mop-headed girl for the 4th of July!


A little Calvin and Hobbes to start the day off right.

Somewhere between my panic attack and the firework finale my Beloved spoke a minute about the importance of being dependent on the Lord. It was very nice. Made particularly sweet by a comment from a young man to his mom the next morning. He said that he really enjoyed the talk and "that it is important to remember what independence day is about, it's not just about fireworks." 

Courtesy of R. Sargent (front and center)
Here's a fantastic shot from our roof of most of the party. A few people had already left at this point.

Courtesy R. Sargent

There are several contributors to the firework display. They set them off from the bottom tier of our yard and  the rest of us sit in comfort around the top yard, inside and atop the house to enjoy the show.

Courtesy R. Sargent


Courtesy R. Sargent
The site of the mayhem
Courtesy R. Sargent

Courtesy R. Sargent

Courtesy R. Sargent
The young folks up on our roof.
Courtesy R. Sargent

Courtesy R. Sargent

Courtesy R. Sargent

Courtesy R. Sargent
The finale this year was amazing and lasted a good minute and a half. 
Looking forward to another awesome spectacle next year.














The next day there was plenty of clean-up to do.



And lots of house keeping as well. Since we had to turn around and get the house ready for Ballerina's birthday party that never happened. That post will be next in my catch-up series :).

~And So That's What She Did.

2 comments:

kdk said...

I noticed Mr. Sargent's camera once...now I know he can use it. Your yard looks beautiful, btw.

NaomiG said...

Your yard is spectacular! Looks like an amazing party.