Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day

The Park

Today, being a holiday, we were completely lazy. It was wonderful. Although Dave did a few small home projects this morning that have been waiting for some time. In the afternoon we decided to take Emy to the park. Believe it or not this is the first time we have taken her. I went with her last week but only for a few minutes and she was too tired to enjoy herself. So this time we took our time and played on all of the toys that seemed interesting. Our park has some very "modern" toys, that frankly I don't know how to use so we mostly stuck with the basics.


This is probably the strangest toy we used. You sit the kid in and then spin it. Fun for a few turns but too much and you are in trouble!




Swinging with mom



And with dad too. She's happy here, it's a little hard to tell but she's laughing.



The slide was funny, she would hold onto the side rails if we let go of her and slide down hugging the sides of the slide. But I think she enjoyed it anyway.


After this we went for a walk down to the coffee shop which, it turns out, is closed on Labor Day. So I had to go without my fancy hot chocolate.
APPLE PIE
After our walk and a nap from Emy. I started making an Apple Pie. Emy of course wanted to help. She kept trying to add potatoes or half eaten apple slices.



Thanks for stopping in. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and pics, fun to keep up with Emy!

Mz K