Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Songs Around the House + Something for Free(Winner Announced)

Around here we sing for everything and nothing.

We sing because we're happy, we sing because we're freeeeeee . . .

Sorry.

There are a few songs I have made up in order to teach fundamental hygiene that I thought I would share with you.

While brushing the girls teeth I sing:

I love to say AAHH so mom can brush my teeth,
I love to say AAHH so she'll make them nice and clean.
(This causes them to open their mouths wide so that I can get in there)

Spit

I love to say CHEESE so mom can brush my teeth,
I love to say CHEESE so she can make them nice and clean
(Time to brush the front)


Spit, and repeat.


For the cough that never gets covered:

Cover your cough, Cover your cough
If you please cover your sneeze
Cover your cough, Cover your cough
Don't spread germs around.

Thank you! My album of children's songs will be out this fall . . . not really

**Giveaway**
What are your fun tips for teaching obedience, hygiene etc. Comment them here, and on Friday I will draw a number out of a hat and that commenter will get a homemade prize.

~And So That's What She Did.

6 comments:

kdk said...

Oooh! My computer's been dead, so I've been missing my chance to submit obedience & hygiene tips. We have boys, so the best way to encourage bathing is to make a ghastly face, wave our hand in front of our nose, and say, "Go take a shower. You stink. And use soap!"

Ali Craig said...

To get Aubrey to clean up we sing a song like this :
Clean up, clean up, everybody everywhere, clean up, clean up, everybody do your share.

Our other motivator to obey is "if you choose not to obey you will be disciplined ". That usually works pretty well! :)

Aunt D said...

when washing your hands sing the ABC's to yourself and use warm water and soap. i can't think of really any song or riddle i use to get my kids to obey or get clean guess i'm boring that way. :o)

Amy said...

In order to get my youngest to swish with fluoride mouth rinse for a full minute, I have her hum "Jesus Loves Me" twice before she can spit it out. We started that a year ago and she still does it nightly.

NaomiG said...

Oooh! I love giveaways. The girls always sing happy birthday when they wash their hands with soap and water so they're underwater long enough. And, at bedtime their daddy sings the "tuck in" song... "Tuck, tuck, tuck you in, under your chin..." I fall back on "because I told you to" alot, I guess I'm kind of boring. :-)

Gus Gus said...

I sing this little diddy to Ethan "Brush, brush, brush your teeth before you go to bed. Brusha brusha brush you teeth oh you sleepy head."