Friday, January 27, 2012

My Bedroom This Week: Chocolate Covered Strawberry

After my epiphany the other day I decided that for now I need to make do with what I have. That doesn't mean I won't decorate, it means I will get more creative and pillage the rest of my house to make one room pretty, until I can purchase/decide what I want. So this week as I was standing in front of the linen closet I saw that I have only dark sheet choices.



Chocolate sheets it is. I fitted the bed and then added the blankets. Duvet cover? back to the linen closet, pulled out the Red Rose Ikea cover and two shams from the too-slippery-red-duvet cover. Then I went to the guest bedroom where all of my craft supplies are and found a piece of red fabric to pin over a couch pillow. Not quite the right color but I just want to get an idea of what a red throw pillow would look like.



While in the guest room I saw this picture, painted by my Great-Great Grandma. The roses are red and the vase is blue to match my little tea light holders. Plus it adds height to the dresser.


I also stole the sheers that normally hide my craft supplies as well as the brown curtains from the door-less linen closet. I still need to raise the curtain rod to the ceiling as suggested. I removed the white shelves, well most of them I can't get those two screws out of the wall so that will have to wait for My Beloved's help.


I changed up My Beloved's nightstand just a little.


And his picture shelf. I pulled the red vase out of storage to add some red to this corner. I wish I had something taller to put here since everything is pretty much the same height. I'll have to see what I can find for next week.

Now that that's done let me be honest. . . I hate it. I am terribly tired of red and desperately want something light and breezy. I have a few ideas for next week so we'll have to see what I can come up with. 

So here's to being content and you know, I have found myself a little less consumed with the desire to run out and buy everything for the room.  

What are your thoughts? 

~And So That's What She Did. 

3 comments:

kdk said...

Nice job! I love pillaging stuff from one room to decorate another. Although the result's not your favorite, you got to be creative with what you have.

JUST A MOMENT IN TIME said...

I think that you did an awesome job! I love it! Now you got to come and decorate my house! ;)

NaomiG said...

I think it looks great, for what it's worth!! :-) I LOVE it when I can re-decorate one room from other rooms, for free. If cheap paint would help you like it a little better, you should check out the OOPS! paint sections at Lowes, Home Depot and Walmart every time you're out running errands, or whatever. Home Depot's section isn't that cheap, but I painted four rooms in our Wenatchee house for $20 total--because each gallon of paint was marked down to $5. Keep an open mind with the colors, and make sure you get the finish you want, and cheap paint could be yours. :-)