Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Week of Summer in Spring

This last week the weather seemed more like summer than spring. It was De-lightful!


I can't wait for summer schedule. We eat breakfast, the girls get dressed, we have worship and they spend the rest of the morning outside until lunch. Which gives me incentive to do yard work. Even if it is just weeding one flower bed.


After lunch if there is time they head back outside for a half hour or so and then it's down for naps, right during the heat of the day. I stay in and clean while they nap and after naps, you guessed it back outside they go. I love it. The house stays a bit cleaner. . . well not cleaner but less cluttered.


This past weekend I finally managed to make the breakfast I have been planning since mid-winter. Huevos Rancheros (recipe to follow) and Pina Coladas on the back porch. My Beloved was very happy with this choice. I'm on the look out for some umbrellas for our drinks. I am pretty sure that Party City will have them if Winco doesn't.


After breakfast and worship the girls begged to put on their swim suits and play in the sprinkler.


My Beloved just purchased a new spray nozzle with something like 7 settings so they had fun playing with that.
This is how we do a water slide!


"Oh no, slides wet!" Beloise doesn't care for being sprayed with a hose. I don't either. I'm planning on picking up a little swimming pool this weekend or next.




Ballerina's art is getting better all the time. 
This is one of the pictures she drew recently. Things at least remotely resemble what they are supposed to be.


She's also become rather creative with her block towers.


Cheater Huevos Rancheros

When I don't have much time but want a taste of Mexico to remind me of that trip we took before we had kids, this is my go to recipe. Oh how I miss the Coco Bar.


Per person:
2 eggs
1 corn tortilla
shredded cheese
salsa
fresh cilantro, if you've got it.

  • Heat canola oil in a small frying pan for your corn tortillas. Place corn tortillas in hot oil for about 30 seconds per side just to warm them, give them a tasty flavor and make them a little more pliable. 
  • Fry your eggs as desired in a separate pan.
  • Place a warmed corn tortilla on a plate top it with some cheese, your eggs, more cheese and some salsa.


See why this is the cheater version. . .

~And So That's What She Did.

2 comments:

NaomiG said...

Ah, the weather has been lovely. I haven't felt good enough to enjoy it, up until today. So, I'm going to do my best to pack three weeks of great weather into one day. :-)

Your photos are great!

Huevos Rancheros sound amazing. A pina colada sounds even MORE amazing. :-)

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog via NaomiG. Your girls are adorable, and your yard is gorgeous!!
Happy summer!