I just got back from my first prenatal appointment and although it took some trying, on the part of the wonderful midwives, I was able to hear the babies heartbeat, so sweet. Emy was with me and she thought the Doppler was a telephone attached to a remote control. After hearing the heartbeat they asked me if I "wanted" to have my blood work done this time or wait for next time. I decided to get it over with and the nurse came in with her bag of "tools" like Dr. Einstein from Arsenic and Old Lace. I laid there and squeezed the little ball, which does not relieve any stress, as she tried to draw blood from a rolling vein. I have never experienced that much pain from having my blood drawn, and in my pregnant state the slightest bit of pain brings me straight to tears. She was nice enough to stop when the vein collapsed after the second try. So I will have to try again next month.
But I have no pictures or sound clips of this visit I only tell this story to inform family and to bring me to the tears I shed over the weekend. Oh the life of a Bears fan, as my husband informed me, it's not an easy path (as if being a Cowboy fan is). But here are a few adorable pictures of a Bears fan in training. I think she is going to be great at it. As a side note the game didn't start sliding until a) we left for Gospel and b) after I put Emy to bed. As long as she was watching the game, things were good. . . not that I am superstitious or anything :).
1 comment:
Looks like The Bears have a very enthusiastic little cheerleader, not to mention totally adorable!!
Post a Comment