Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour. Isaiah 45:15
Three years ago, when I was very pregnant with our first daughter, my husbands truck was stolen from a lake where he and a buddy were fishing.
I remember talking with Gladys, Fishing Buddy's wife, on the way out to pick up our husbands. She was irate about the truck being stolen. Somehow the Lord gave me a peace about it, perhaps it was reverse pregnancy hormones (my first pregnancy was that way), all that I could say was "Well the Lord is in control and everything happens for a reason."
She was astounded.
So was I.
This was on a Friday. Around midnight on Saturday we got a call from the Sheriff saying that they had found the truck and if we wanted to go get it we could. So with optimistic anticipation we headed up to the trail we were told the truck was on. Beloved called Fishing Buddy and he was kind enough to climb out of bed at 3am and come help us.
We searched up and down every trail in the park, and found nothing. We did see a few burnt out vehicles which made my heart sink. I was still holding out hope that he would be able to drive it out of the park.
No such luck, when we finally found the truck this is all that remained.
The truck had been sacrificed in some strange drunken hillbilly rave. The kids that stole it took it up into the hills stripped everything of value off of it then rolled it over and drug it around in the mud for a while.
Scoot over I'll drive
The truck was gone, we didn't have comprehensive insurance, and we didn't have much money available for a new truck. But as my title suggests the Lord had a hand in this.
For a week I drove my Beloved to work and either I picked him up or he got a ride home with a coworker. Every truck we looked at in our price range was on it's last leg. My Beloved kept telling me if only we had "this much more" I could get a decent truck.
Wednesday night we went to prayer meeting and one of the brothers handed my Beloved a check for "this much more".
I cried, we hadn't told anyone, that I remember, that we were in need of more funds but the Lord knew.
By the next week we had found a reliable pickup for my husband.
We were able to scrap what was left of the old truck and get a few hundred dollars. Which covered the license and registration fees for the new truck.
As if that wasn't enough the culprits were caught, sentenced and ordered to pay restitution. Which is where my Facebook post comes in.
It seems that nearly every Friday that ends with me looking at my Beloved and saying "Uh, Honey don't spend a dime this week and by the way we are having chicken every night" is usually followed by the Saturday mail with a check from the court house. Nothing major or life changing but always just what we needed.
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
~And So That's What She Did.
P.S. Perhaps someday I will tell you about how we were able to write checks for every bill that came to cover the week long stay in the NICU that our little bundle needed when she arrived a month later.
2 comments:
Wow, what an great story. Goosebumps! Thanks so much for sharing it. It is such a comfort to know that He cares about the daily details of our lives.
Our GOD is amazing!! Thanks for sharing your story!
Post a Comment