The Slope
When we first moved into our house, four and a half years ago, this was the back slope.
Frankly I didn't realize that it was part of the property we were purchasing. I just thought someone else had a big blackberry problem.
Turns out it was our problem.
Since my Beloved works in excavation, he decided to bring in a machine
and begin the process of building rock walls and creating a terraced backyard. Most of this work was done the same weekend I went into labor with our oldest daughter. I was in the house bustling around pausing for contractions and waiting for things to get serious and he was outside racing to finish his work. That would be why there is no picture of the finished rock walls before the grass was planted. We were in the hospital for a week.
The garden bed and rock walls were already in place but the rest was one big ol' pile of blackberry bushes.
Now, this is our little slice of the country smack in the middle of the city.
Even after all the changes around it this rose bush somehow survived and is now a beautiful part of the rock wall around it. Really says something about deep roots.
And here is our next project. . . hmm what will to do? What to do?
~And So That's What She Did.
~And So That's What She Did.
No comments:
Post a Comment