Yesterday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, in the worst sort of way. . .
Well I might be exagerating just a little, but it was at the very least a frustrating day. So I thought I would share one of my stress relieving activities with you.
My Beloved put up a clothes line last week and it has been instrumental in my not locking our children in a room just to get some peace and quiet.
There is something about slowing down and pinning each piece of clothing on the line and then a few hours later taking down each piece and folding it to place in a basket. The laundry gets folded sooner and in such a pleasant environment too. It's like washing dishes with a dish cloth instead of a scrubby brush.
Sometimes I think that life is all about finding little ways to slow things down and give yourself time to think a little. So pour yourself some coffee and sit for a minute maybe more.
But first if you have any stress relievers I would love to hear them.
3 comments:
I totally want a cloth line at our new house! I have just the perfect spot for it too! i love the smell of sun kissed clothes.
I exercise and then drink my coffee on our patio which over looks the mountains and fields while reading and pondering life. All of which is done before the girls get up of course;-)I feel if I start my day this way, everything seems to roll off easier and I'm much happier!
For me, it's starting the job early that helps me to alleviate stress. I am an avid procrastinator most of the time, but I find if I get up at a good time and start my job right away, it gives me a good sense of accomplishment. When it's already too late to do that, I like to go for a walk.
Post a Comment