WINNER ANNOUNCED!!
The winner is # 7: Lorressa
Please contact me at RespectableRedneck@hotmail.com to receive your prize!
For my birthday this past year my sister gave me a gorgeous necklace with two silver disc charms handstamped with my daughters names. The discs were accompanied by the girls birthstones. I LOVE it. So naturally when I was thinking of a great giveaway for my 100th post I thought of my sister's friend Lindsy, of chip&chisel, the creator of my amazing birthday gift.
When I contacted her about doing a giveaway on my blog, she was not only interested but said that she had a few ideas she hadn't made yet that she would be willing to offer for the giveaway and as a bonus the winner will receive one before anyone else can even buy them!!
I thought it would be fun for you to get a little background on Lindsy, so I asked her if she could give me just a bit of info on the why of how she started creating her own jewelry.
When I was growing up, I loved buying jewelry ... not super expensive jewelry, but more of the fun type pieces that you could really only wear a couple times because the brass would get dark or the earrings would break. It was more just cheap stuff from the mall, but I loved it. Over the past 10 years or so, I've purchased so many necklaces that I liked but always wished I could change something about it ... the chain length, the metal, etc. It kind of always felt like I was buying the piece because I didn't really have another option. Well, I decided to change that. I wanted to design my jewelry *exactly* the way it looked in my head and stop settling for something that I was only halfway happy with. And then I thought "how nice would it be for other people to do the same thing?". That's why I offer the custom jewelry option to my customers ... everyone should be able to purchase a piece designed exactly the way they want it without having to pay a fortune. If you see something in my shop in sterling silver but prefer gold (or vice versa), just say the word!
I've been in love with jewelry for as long as I can remember. I used to design jewelry when I was younger and have just recently in the past year really fallen back in love with it. I started by just making a few pieces for myself and friends and then decided to really dive in and start selling on Etsy at the end of last year. It doesn't feel like work to me, but I guess that's what makes it so fun ... it feels amazing to be able to do something I'm so passionate about!
1. Aqua blue faceted glass teardrop briolette measures 25X15mm wire wrapped with 14kt gold filled wire and attached to an 18 inch 14kt gold filled chain. *also available in sterling silver.
2. Faceted 18X10mm clear Swarovski helix crystal wire wrapped with 14kt gold filled wire and attached to an 18 inch 14kt gold filled chain. *also available in sterling silver.
3. Bright and clear aqua blue 22X11mm crystal wire wrapped with sterling silver wire and attached to 18 inches of thin sterling silver cable chain. *also available in 14kt gold filled.
4. A 14kt gold filled bracelet mixes three snow white jade round beads measuring 6mm each and has a small 3mm 14kt gold filled round placed between each piece of jade.
5. Personalized and handstamped with the word or name and initial of your choice on these sterling silver discs measuring 13mm and 9mm. The discs are paired with a small swarovski pearl and attached to 16 inches of sterling silver cable chain.
The wire wrapping is really popular right now (and my favorite thing to wear at the moment!) and I thought the blue pieces would be great since next month is March and that birthstone is aquamarine. All of the wire wrapped pieces can be done in 14kt gold filled or sterling silver, so customers are encouraged to request their piece exactly the way they want it! I'm loving white and gold for spring and summer and will have more pieces that incorporate the two. The handstamped pieces are also really popular right now and can pretty much be created any way the customer wants ... there are a few different options on my site and I'm always happy to get creative and design a custom piece.
GIVEAWAY RULES:
To enter all you have to do is leave a comment.
Any ol' thing will do, Howdy, Hey, or the classic WHAASSSUUUPP
Also include which piece you would like to receive.
All entries must be in by Monday midnight (for drama's sake)
One entry per person
I'll pick a winner using the old numbers in a hat trick and update THIS post with the winners name. This will happen sometime Tuesday*, please contact me at RespectableRedneck@hotmail.com to receive your winnings!
*(as my schedule is a daily changing thing, I can't make any promises of an exact time. . . well I could but I wouldn't stick to it, so)
Thank you all for playing along with me over the past 100 posts, you've been a wonderful audience . . . GOODNIGHT!
~And So That's What She Did.

17 comments:
how long did it take you to make 100 posts?
aqua blue teardrop (1)
KB
Rock on girlie you did it! I'll see you girls in 4 days. I am soooo excited!!!! Just in you couldn't tell this is your mother. hahaha
Heeeey! Hope u feel better very soon!
I love #5!!
-- Abby Robert
Heeeey! Missed seeing u today, hope u feel better soon!
I love #5!!!!!
- Abby Robert
Heeeeey Jeny! I missed seeing you today! Hope you feel better very soon!!
I love #5!! (I totally wish I were creative!)
- Abby Robert
Do I have to choose? Maybe the aqua one, but I love all of them.
waaazup! aqua in sterling would be nice. :o)
-Debbie-
Looking forward to read your last 100 posts! I'll curl up on the couch and read them like a mini book! Lia, and if I HAVE to choose, I like the personalized piece!
Hey Girl! I love your blog, it makes me smile! If I won I would like the aqua tear drop in silver :)Thanks~Lorressa
I would love the personalized one like yours! Ali C.
I love your blog Jeni! #5 is my favorite...but seriously love all of them :)
love the idea for the stamped name and birthstone necklace - Crystal G.
Wow 100 blog posts? good job! I don't know where you find the time with your two busy girls! Missed seeing you yesterday night!
-Lisa
Yo Jenny! what up-Annie G.
Ah! These are great! I love number 3... Also, I can't wait to get one personalized with my kids names--eek! But, I don't think it'd be a very good idea to get one of those now, as I'm currently baking the third, haha. :-)
Congrats on 100 posts! I should go and check how many posts I have. I don't even know where to check!
I love #3, the bright and clear aqua! Her stuff is beautiful! Thanks for the chance to win.
Congratulations Jeny on your 100th post, I always enjoy reading about the world through your eyes!
To my lil' buddy Chip, I am so proud of you and your jewelry business. You have always had great eye for style so it's nice to see you sharing it with world (literally folks, she went global a couple weeks back)! :0)
Love you both!
Gus Gus
PS- I love #2
Post a Comment