Friday, February 24, 2012

Oregon City Outing

 This past weekend we went for a little drive down to Oregon City. My Beloved is working on the Main Street there and wanted to show us some of the neat shops . . . as well as the job site. I'm so glad to know that my girls will enjoy the same irritating endearing "Hey I built that" as I endured as a child except mine was "Hey I wired that building." We actually have it all planned out. We'll drive down a road that he worked on and I'll remark "My this road is smooth, I wonder who built it?" and My Beloved will exclaim "I know, such workmanship is rare these days" and on and on until the kids are groaning and rolling their eyes in the back seat. . . It will be so fun!

Anyway back to Oregon City. They have a municipal elevator that you can use to reach the second level of the town, and a very nice view point that over looks the town.

You can read about the Municipal Elevator HERE





Oregon City has the distinction of being the end of the Oregon Trail. Therefore they have an interpretive center complete with crafts, candle dipping, dress-up, wagon loading, and other fun FREE activities for the kiddos.


Ballerina made a dipped candle


Here she's rolling it out to make it even.


"We'll settle, over there."





Loading the wagon. . .


Mostly Ballerina just wanted to play in the large grassy area.


They picked sweet little daisies and brought them to me.



Here's Ballerina's tee-pee she crafted and decorated.

On the way home  we stopped and ate a picnic lunch in the car, since it was a bit drizzly. When we tried to start the car to leave the battery was dead. Thankfully there was a nice "stranger" in the car next to us willing to give us a jump. I say "stranger" because I am 98% sure that he was a teacher at the academy I attended in Battle Ground, but since I never had him for any classes and didn't think he would have known me I didn't bother to ask.

Once we finally were on our way Ballerina broke her dipped candle and Beloise fell asleep. I'd say a good day was had by all.

~And So That's What She Did.

1 comment:

kdk said...

For some reason the "Let's settle over there" pictures are especially humorous. I think it's the oddly foreshortened arm, pointing...