One of my favorite things about our yard is the pond. It wasn't originally my favorite but I have grown to love it. So here is a little glimpse at the transformation of our pond.
Two years ago, just before we had a wedding in our backyard, we did A LOT of yard work to prepare. I had fixed this flower bed up just how I wanted it and I loved it.
My Beloved had a different idea.
He came home from work and said " I would love to put a pond in the backyard."
Silly me I thought he meant someday. I came out of the house and he had begun digging.
This is the flower bed this past summer. My hydrangea is still in there somewhere, at least I hope it is.
My Beloved searched Craigslist tirelessly to find a pond liner since the dogs (this was when we had two Pointers) were constantly causing cave-ins with the rock sides and killing the fish. I can't tell you how many fish we have gone through with this pond. Every year my Beloved adds more to replace the ones we have lost throughout the winter.
The pond is an area of our yard that is continually changing. New plants and new animals keep things interesting.
It seems that the key to happy pond life is plenty of hiding places. Especially with two curious kids and a hunting dog. The creatures need plenty of places to hide in order to feel safe. My Beloved is constantly shifting things to create more secret locations for frogs or whatever he brings home next.
It really is a tranquil place to stare into and creates such a beautiful sound all summer long.
~And So That's What She Did.
No comments:
Post a Comment