My dream home is a modest sized home with room to grow, on five to ten acres, with a creek and enough room for a cow or two, chickens, an outside cat and a kitchen large enough to have a breakfast booth and a bird cage for zebra finch. Instead I live in a small city house with a modest sized yard and an amazing view. Rather than be bitter, ahem, I have decided to "bloom where I am planted." So we have tried our best to create a sense of the country on our city lot. It works pretty well, aside from the occasional sirens, airplanes, and close neighbors.
On our homestead in the city things are blooming, despite the city noise, which isn't all that bad most of the time.
In the garden our peas are coming in strong and I can't wait to taste some garden fresh peas.
The green beans are coming along nicely as well and I would show you the corn but there aren't any ears growing yet so it's not that exciting. Our tomatoes are not that impressive either.
I just love peas.
Here is a pretty little weed I found in the garden while weeding this afternoon.
Here is another pretty little flower playing in the play house
Would you like hot apple pie with that? Chicken and rice? . . . You got it!
After two years we are finally getting apples on our Columnar Apple Tree. I can't wait to taste them. If they are good I wouldn't mind having an whole orchard of them. I think they would make a nice barrier along the fence.
Hope your blooming where you're planted too.
~And So That's What She Did.
2 comments:
Your garden looks beautiful! I am so excited for you about the apples. Your girls are so cute!
Your garden is beautiful! Blooming where I'm planted has been a hard lesson for me. I hope I'm learning it well. :-)
Post a Comment