Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My 10 Favorite Things Countdown: Number 5 Tea at 2

This isn't so much a thing as it is a time. I LOVE my quiet time after the house is clean and the kids are sleeping, or at least playing quietly, I put on a pot of water and wait for that welcome whistle. I pour a cup of black tea and wait for it to get nice and dark, add more sugar then I care to admit and grab a biscotti. what I do next depends on the day. Maybe it's laundry, reading, blogging, or staring off into space mentally preparing myself for when the kids wake-up, if it's been one of THOSE days.



Ever since I went to lunch with the Good Time Gals (Have I told you about them yet? No? I'll get there.) at the Olive Garden and ordered a hot chocolate that came with a tiny biscotti, I have been hooked. I came home and sulked about not having any biscotti until I finally found a similar recipe to the one I had at the O.G. I have been making these or something like them almost weekly now since the beginning of December. So I thought I would share the recipe with you . . .well I'll share the link to the website with you and if you desire to have Tea at 2 please feel free to mosey on over to this site and print out this recipe first and make a batch or two. . . no don't make more than one it makes quite a few.

Joy of Baking: Chocolate Almond Biscotti

~And So That's What She Did.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

tea at 2:00 sounds a little more peaceful than my occasional tea-times... If and when I happen to fix myself a cup of tea and settle in the armchair with a book or magazine for a moment of peace in the evening (its been quite awhile now since I've tried it) I am usually instantly surrounded by small bodies clamoring to see what it is that I have in my cup. When the tea has been duly inspected by all persons involved they immediately plead for a little taste...just one...followed by one more, and one more...followed by squabbles over who can get the most as I hand the cup from one to the other and take an occasional sip in between until said tea is gone. So really it ends up being a moment of peace for Daddy instead of ME. :D If I wanted to drag my tush back out of the chair and go fix them each a cup and try again I might actually get somewhere...but then again, by the time I get them each a cup fixed and cooled down mine would be cold ...and if I fix theirs first and then mine, they are already done with theirs and want to share mine still...and the baby probably needs me by then anyway...so I guess thats why I only have tea when I feel like an all out tea party! :D If/when all the kids are actually ASLEEP I don't feel like tea...I rush around with a sudden burst of energy trying to actually get something accomplished without interruptions. :) Ahh the joys of motherhood! :)

Lori-Bee said...

I bought a scone mix for next week!! We're still on for next week right! I do enjoy our tea times.