Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My 10 Favorite Things Countdown: Number 7 Cherry Blossoms

Hello my name is Jeny and I am a Cherry Blossom Addict. . .


It all started when I was expecting Ballerina, all I wanted for her bedding was cherry blossoms, but they were no where to be found. . . After much searching I did find some fabric and my talented Mother-In-Law came for a hot summer week and sewed in my dark sweltering house while my Beloved and I worked. It was a great visit and I am forever thankful to her for the bedding, curtains, and dust ruffle she created for our nursery. Then mere months after the birth of our baby, cherry blossom nurseries were popping up everywhere. . . .I was appalled.


Here is my Mother-In-Law with the top to the quilt, she took that and the curtains home with her at the end of the week to finish up and then she mailed them over when they were done.


Here's our little girls room all ready for her, minus the quilt and curtains.


Incidentally Here is a picture of what our bedroom looked like at the time. . . not much different.

Anywho, back to my obsession. It happened that when I was expecting Beloise I didn't really change my mind on what to do in the girls room since they would be sharing but my insane brain added birds to the branches of the cherry blossoms so now my obsession is cherry blossom branches with birds on them. . . 

And because misery loves company, I am giving away this cute little journal with cherry blossoms and birds on the cover so that you can be obsessed too.



All you have to do is leave a comment about your obsession I will pick one at random and announce the winner in one of Friday's posts.

~And So That's What She Did.

2 comments:

The Chatty Housewife said...

I am a chocolate lover! Actually, I have a 10 lb bag of chocolate chips in the pantry right now, and the ziploc top is never closed because I sneak from it all day every day. Not good!

NaomiG said...

I LOVE the cherry blossoms! So pretty! Birds are a favorite of mine too. I am currently very very very VERRRRRRY obsessed with compass roses. :-) This goes right along with my prior map obsession. I love it when my obsessions coincide! :-)